9 Principles for Records Management Best Practices
Records management is rarely smooth sailing – it can often feel like you’re a tiny vessel in the middle of a sea of legislation. Just when you think you’re paddling in the right direction, a wave of legislation sends you reeling.
In this article we demonstrate how records management doesn’t need to be this complicated by outlining the 9 principles for records management best practices. These are:
- Prioritise security and privacy
- Record, track and monitor documents
- Create and implement a records management strategy
- Annually review / audit
- Destroy records at the end of their lifecycle
- Ensure your records and information architecture is correct and efficient
- Capture records without disrupting the way end users work
- Digitise physical records
- Develop and maintain an information asset register
To read our full article on IDM click here.
Harmony is an experienced marketing manager with a well rounded skill set in both B2B and B2C marketing. She has a keen interest in information technology and a passion for developing informative and topical content.
Looking for a specific topic?
Interested in being a guest blogger?