Now Available: OnePlaceMail Mobile App, Bringing Outlook and Microsoft Teams Together
In a modern workspace, it is becoming increasingly important to be able to handle communications on the go. OnePlaceMail app has recently announced the launch of a mobile app with brand new integration with Microsoft Teams. This means users can now easily transfer content between Outlook and both Teams and SharePoint directly from their smartphone. Available on both Android and iOS, the OnePlaceMail mobile app is changing the way organisations can collaborate and manage email records.
By providing integration for Outlook with SharePoint and Microsoft Teams, the OnePlaceMail app allows users to use the right tool for the right people. With Outlook you will usually be communicating with external companies and individuals, whereas Microsoft Teams is designed for internal communication and collaboration. By providing seamless integration between these platforms, OnePlaceMail allows organisations to use the most effective communication system for the situation.
Overview of Key Features
- The only solution allowing you to save to Microsoft Teams Channels & SharePoint from Outlook on any device
- Save emails and attachments to SharePoint Online
- Capture email metadata automatically and promote it to SharePoint columns
- Complete additional metadata in app
- Duplicate email checking
- Works in every Microsoft Outlook environment, including Outlook for iOS, Android, Outlook for Web (OWA), macOS & Windows Desktop
- Quick to load, delivering a great user experience
OnePlaceMail App Benefits
With OnePlaceMail you can significantly reduce your organisation’s compliance risk through improved capture and classification of email records. Any email conversations or attachments can be saved directly to both SharePoint and any Teams channel through OnePlaceMail’s app. Email attributes can be promoted to SharePoint columns for a complete capture of an email message, and content from Outlook can be classified using terms, taxonomies and SharePoint metadata.
Productivity and organisational efficiency can also be significantly improved by bringing together Outlook with Microsoft Teams. As it currently stands, if a user wanted to share an email conversation or attachment with another user on a Teams channel, they would need to first save the email directly into SharePoint and then manually upload it in Teams as a SharePoint link. However, with the OnePlaceMail app you can save the conversation directly to your chosen team’s
The app’s many benefits include:
- Increase collaboration by making it easier to share content
- Maximise Office 365 & SharePoint adoption
- Reduce emails through the use of Microsoft Teams
- Empower your team to work anywhere, anytime on any Outlook supported device
- Improve records compliance and information management
- Deploy quickly and easily without significant utilisation of IT’s time
With more and more communication and collaboration being conducted in the mobile work-space, it is becoming increasingly important for organisations to have the right tools and resources at their disposal. The OnePlaceMail mobile app is undoubtedly a valuable tool that can be used to improve organisational productivity and collaboration, as well as mitigating compliance risks.
Luke is an experienced Marketing Manager and host of the Information Transformation Podcast. He has a keen interest in developing engaging content to inform people about the changing landscape of the information management industry.
Follow us on social